Mission Statement  

Rogersville City School 


All students can learn, and all students have individual learning styles and rates of progression.


All students have individual intellectual, emotional, physical, and social needs.


Family and community stakeholder support is vital for all students and should be encouraged.


A child's education is the joint responsibility of the school, the family, and the community.


All members of the school community should display a positive, respectful, and caring attitude.


Quality instruction is vital for optimal student achievement.


Every student has the right to learn, and every teacher has the right to teach in a safe environment without disruptions and distractions.


Various types of assessments provide a broad view of students' individual progress.


Various methods of internal and external communication, including electronic, written, and verbal, must be utilized to effectively maintain dialogue with parents, students, staff and the local community.


The academic needs of our students are constantly changing; and as educators, we must continually search for and implement proven, innovative methods to effectively educate all students to the highest degree possible.


Data driven and shared decision-making should be a norm for the school system.


A child's physical and mental health directly impacts his/her ability to learn.


Technology is a vital component of instruction that gives students a competitive edge.



  About The School  

History of Rogersville City School


Rogersville, Tennessee Demographics:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogersville,_Tennessee

Rogersville City School was established as the Odd Fellows Female College in 1849. It became the Synodical College in 1892 and was purchased by the Town of Rogersville in 1919. In 1923 the old building was torn down and a new larger building erected. It became the Elementary and High School until fire destroyed it in 1928. It was again rebuilt in 1929 and is still operating today with new additions being added in 1955,1970, and 2000. The front lawn was graced by English boxwoods that originally came from slips brought from England by the wife of John Young of Carter's Valley.