No later than the end of the school year, the Board will adopt, upon the recommendation of the director of schools, an official school calendar for the succeeding school year. The calendar will identify holidays, vacation days, summer sessions and other extensions of the school year. The calendar may be revised by the Board, upon recommendation of the director of schools, due to inclement weather or other factors.
The regular school year shall be 200 days and scheduled as follows:
- A minimum of 180 student attendance days;
- A minimum of five (5) days in-service education for all certificated personnel;
- One (1) day for parent-teacher conferences;
- Ten (10) days paid vacation for all certified personnel; and
- Four (4) discretionary days.